Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default Formula for the LESSER of 2 Calculations

Thank you! I've used two sets of example figures and it appears it's working.
--
Bonnie

"Kevin B" wrote:

I believe the following returns the results you've requested:

=IF(OR(TRIM(Q31)="",Q31=Q30),Q30,Q31)
--
Kevin Backmann

"Bonnie" wrote:

I'm trying to create a formula that produces the following description:

IF Q31 is blank (no entry at all), Enter the same as Q30
IF Q31 is not blank and = (greater than or equal to) Q30, Enter the same as
Q30 IF Q31 is not blank and < (less than) Q30, Enter the same as Q31

The formula in Q31 is "=IF(Q850,Q85,"")".

I've inserted an extra column thinking I might have to put part of what I
need to do in a hidden column cell; I don't know.

Can someone please provide me guidance??? Or better yet, the actual formula
I need to enter into Q32? Thank you, in advance, for your time and effort.
--
Bonnie