Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dparizo dparizo is offline

Default Odd Excel 2007 behavior: copied chart linked to source sheet

Hi all,

I'm finding that Excel 2007 has a strange behavior when it comes to copying
sheets that contain Pivot Tables & Pivot Charts.

Let's say that on Worksheet A, I have a Pivot Table A and Pivot Chart A that
is linked to it. If I change Pivot Table A, Pivot Chart A will change to
reflect. So far, so good.

Now, let's say I COPY Worksheet A to Worksheet B. Now I have Pivot Table B
and Pivot Chart B on the new worksheet.

Problem: Pivot Chart B is STILL LINKED to Pivot Table A! If I change Pivot
Table A, both charts change! If I change Pivot Chart B, neither chart
changes.

This is new in Excel 2007, and it's a huge annoyance for me, as I create
hundreds of charts by copying worksheets.

Anyone know a way to get Excel 2007 to behave like Excel 2003 on this one?
Thanks!

Doug