Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default How do I count cells with different criteria in excel?

Read here from details

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html
best wishes (do I get a Hero medal?)
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Richie17" wrote in message
Dave you are my new hero!...but now that you helped me with that does that
mean I have to get back to some real work? :(

My co-workers and myself appreciate what this can do for us now.
Thanks,
Richie17

"Dave F" wrote:

You would need to use SUMPRODUCT.

Something like =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="M"),--(B1:B10=6))

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Richie17" wrote:

I have a column with M or F (Male/Female) and I also have a column that
has
their age. How do I count how many 6 year olds there are AND how many
of
those are either male or female?