Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JakeA

Default What is Design Mode in Excel?

Got it! thanks Dave. I had always used the Forms toolbar.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

xl97 added the control toolbox toolbar--activex controls. The controls on this
toolbar look very much like some of the controls on the Forms toolbar (probably
what you used before???), but behave differently.

This control toolbox toolbar has a design mode icon on it. You can click on
that icon to go into design mode. This allows you to design your worksheet by
adding controls from that same toolbar. It makes so you can move things around
and change stuff -- captions and other properties.

When you're done, you click that design mode icon once more and you're out of
design mode (and essentially in "run" mode).

This is just a guess...

You may have been using the control toolbox toolbar controls instead of your
usual Forms toolbar controls. If you're happy with the Forms toolbar controls,
then use them.

JakeA wrote:

In earlier versions of Excel I have always done my designs without being in a
"mode". What is Design Mode and when would I use it?

--

Dave Peterson