Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NeoDude NeoDude is offline

Default How do I make mouse scroll wheel work in excel

I was having the same problem. To fix the issue:

1) Goto Control Panel Mouse Wheel Tab

Note: This may vary depending on your version of Windows OS.

2) There should be an Exceptions button or tab there.

3) Give a name of your choice and Browse and add Exel.exe. Click OK.

Click Apply and lastly click OK... you're done!

"MikeHD" wrote:

I tried what you suggested but no luck. I don't have an Intellimouse but I
can scroll on everything (including this dialog box and the help dialog box
in Excel 2007) but not in a spreadsheet. It works in the new Word and it
worked in the old version of Excel, but not the new on. Anything else I can
try?

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Rae,

Scroll wheel can be used to Zoom or Scroll.

To Scroll:
Click Microsoft Button (Large button top left)
Click Options (Towards bottom right of dialog box)
Click Advanced (Left column)
In Editing Options (First block)
Uncheck Zoom on roll with Intellimouse.

OssieMac

"Rae" wrote:

Mouse SCROLL WHEEL works in all other office 2007 products but not in Excel.
Is there some hidden setting to make this work?