MaggieMagill

bill k wrote in
:

highlight the range and under conditional formatting select
<cell value<is equal to
and enter in the right hand block =Max($A$2:$A$51)
then set the format.....

similar for the minimum

Thank you all for the responses! Works perfect! I guess my biggest problem
was not using absolute references for the range.

But I'm curious - two different solutions were offered and both seem to
work for what I need. Why does one version (suggested twice) include the
relative reference to the first cell in the range?

Oh wait - I see one is "formula is" the other "cell value is". So what I
see is that the "formula is" version is basicaly
={cell value is}=Max(abs range).

So now my question is (in trying to understand the function better) if the
=MAX($A$2:$A$51) can be applied to each cell in the range for the
condition, is there any benefit in applying it as a formula that contains
that relative cell's value to compare with the function within the formula?

Am I correct in seeing the "formula is" version as an added wrapper or
redundancy of sorts?

Don't mind my question - I'm just trying to figure out the "formula logic"
Excel uses. It's an academic question as both provide the desired results!