Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joan Roco Joan Roco is offline

Default How to Calculate the Net Promoter Score in Excel

Yes,
The Net Promoter Score is calcualted by applying the formula P - D = NPS,
where P and D are the percentage of promoters and detractors.

When asked "Would you recommend ____ to a friend or colleague?" on a scale
of 0-10 (10 being positive), promoters are those that respond with 9 or 10,
detractors respons with 0-6, neutrals respond with 7 or 8.
Neutrals are not counted - thats why 7 and 8 are excluded from the formula.
NPS ranges from -100 to +100
An NPS of 85 and better is considered World Class.

--
Project Management * Instructional Design * World Class Facilitation

"Dave F" wrote:

Your formula excludes values of 8. Is this intentional?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Joan Roco" wrote:

I searched for this on the net, couldn't find it, so wrote a simple formula
myself.

(The net promoter score is a number assigned to a one question survey:
"Would you recommend us to a friend or colleague?"
There's been a great deal of research on the use of this number)

I needed to calculate the NPS for several of my surveys.
Here's what I came up with:

You can paste the formula below in cell A21 to get the NPS of A1:A20
=100*(COUNTIF(A$1:A20,"8")-COUNTIF(A$1:A20,"<7"))/COUNT(A$1:A20)

Once you have it in a spreadsheet, just copy that cell and past it to the
bottom of ANY list of individual survey results (regardless of the number of
results) to get
the Net Promoter Score (NPS).

If you make improvements, please let me know via email or by posting to this
thread. If you use it, please let me know via email - I'm a proponent of NPS.

Thanks,
Joan Roco
--
World Class Project Management, Instructional Design and Facilitation