Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jrf Jrf is offline

Default Formula to calulate the weighted average

Thanks so much! That did it for me..How do you copy that format without it
changing the first position to the next such as:
=C9*B17+C10*C17+C11*D17+C12*E17 this is what I get when I try to auto fill..

"dhstein" wrote:

=C8*B17+C9*C17+C10*D17+C11*E17

"Jrf" wrote:

I need some help on a spreadsheet I am working on. I am suppose to use
absolute cell references to calculate the overall total for four exams by
using the four weights found in a different cell range. As follows:

Exam 1 weight 20% cell C/8
Exam 2 weight 20% cell C/9
Exam 3 weight 20% cell C/10
Final Exam weight40% cell C/11

Cell B/17 Cell C/17 Cell D/17 Cell E/17
Cell F/17
Student I exam I 84.0 exam 2 80.0 exam 3 83.0 exam final exam 72.0 overall
total

It states in Cell F17 enter a formula to calculate the weigted average of
the first student's four exams. Use the weights found in the range C8:C11,
matching each weight with the corresponding exam score. Use absolute cell
references for the four weights....

HELP!!! I have no clue what to do here