Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Deb Deb is offline

Default Time formula (difference of predicted and actual time)

Thanks David, this works great for the late times but now it does not show
early times properly do you know what to do so that it will work either way.
Thanks again

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If the answer should be -3 hours, your formula gives -21 hours, Bob.

Perhaps try
=IF(H4A4,"-","")&TEXT(ABS(A4-H4),"H:MM")
--
David Biddulph

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=IF(H4A4,"-","")&TEXT(MOD(A4-H4,1),"H:MM")

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"deb" wrote in message
I have a time formula in my spreedsheet. It is to calculate the
difference
in a predicted time with the actual time. Time is entered as text eg.
14:00.
My formula is
=TEXT(A4-H4,"H:MM") OR
=TEXT(predicted time - actual time, "H:MM")

The formula works great if the actual time is prior to or equal to the
predicted time. However I cannot get a result for the time if the actual
time is later than the predicted time. I need the result to be -h,mm.
If
you can help me accomplish this I would really appriceate it. Thank you