Gord Dibben

Erika

After the fact you could use the DataText to Columns feature to parse the
data.

OR....

Don't cut and paste from the Notepad.txt file.

In Excel go to FileOpen. Select the Notepad.txt file and OK.

The Excel Text Import Wizard will open and you parse the data there.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:39:11 -0800, "erika"
wrote:

I transferred a file from a database that will only save reports in Notepad.
I then, cut and paste the data into Excel. However all of the info is merged
into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple
worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be
in different cells