Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default adding dynamic lines or quadrants to bubble chart?

Unfortunately bubble charts cannot be combined with other chart types. You
can use custom-sized markers (e.g., large and small circles) for the points
of an XY chart with area or column chart backgrounds:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...omMarkers.html

But this is not natively dynamic. You would have to use VBA and some kind of
event procedures to make the bubbles update when the data changed.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"griff" wrote in message
hello!

I have a bubble chart which I'm trying to add lines (or coloured squares)
to, so I can group the bubbles into 4 defined-by-cell-value parts of the
chart

Currently I have 2 lines crossing the chart which I have to manually move
if
values change (they should each cross the axis at the weighted average
point)
but as the chart is going to be made into multiple versions I want to
automate as much as possible

I did see Mr Peltier's guide for adding dynamic quadrants to x-y charts (I
don't mind if the bubbles are segmented by rectangles either!) but
couldn't
find anything showing me how to do it with bubbles - any ideas?

using XL 2003

Many thanks in advance for any assistance!