Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Sort table with one click on header?

Colby

If you have created a List select top cell in a column(not the column header)
and DataSort

Or don't create a list and just click on a header and DataSort.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 15:31:05 -0800, Colby
wrote:

I want to sort a table in Excel 2003 by clicking on any of the column headers
-- like in an email window. The "Create List" feature is almost what I need,
but I want to show only "Sort Ascending" and "Sort Descending" on the
pull-downs. [It's unfortunate that you have to scroll *up* to see the Sort
options in those pull-downs.]

Is there a way to eliminate or mask the other filtering options that appear
in the List pull-downs? Or is there another way I can sort by column headers
with one click?

Thanks for any ideas on this.