Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default HOW DO FIND OUT THE SIZE OF EACH WORKSHEET WITHIN A WORKBOOK

A 10MB file for Excel isn't very large, It is just Large. Excel often makes
workbooks larger than necessary. Sometimes making a small change will cause
excel to grow from a 1 MB file to a 10 MB file. It is difficult to return it
back to a smaller file when you have a lot of formulas. I been successful in
returning a workbook to a smaller size by copying each sheet one at a time to
a new workbook. This won't work if you have a lot of formulas that reference
multiple worksheets.

The key is what is really your problem. Is your problem that the workbook
is slow or take a long time to open and close? You can turn automatic
updating off to speed up the entering of a workbook. You can convert some of
your formulars to macros which will speed up operations. I don't think that
finding the SIZE of the worksheets will really solve any problems.

"keyson2004" wrote:

I have a very large wotkbook 10MB and want to find out how I can reduce it
and also find out the size of each worksheet within the workbook to see if
there is anything I can do to reduce the size of each worksheet. I use many
vlookup , if formauls in the workbook

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.