Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default MS Excel Freeze panes based on selection does not work for me

Select a single cell.

Anything left of or above that selected cell will be frozen.

F3 will freeze rows 1:2 and columns A:E

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:51:00 -0800, Ken_Ohio
wrote:

I am running Office 2007.
I am trying to freeze the top two rows in an Excel spreadsheet.
I highlight the top two rows and use "Freeze based on selection" option.

The app does not freeze the panes I have selected.
It freezes 11 rows down and 3 columns across (?????) even though it still
shows that I have the first two rows selected.

I tried just selecting two rows and five columns, which is where my titles
are, but the same results occur when I select the "Freeze based on selection"
option: 11 rows down and 3 columns across.

There doesn't seem to be any other way of doing this, or am I missing
something?
The option to freeze the top one row does work, but that is not what I need
to do.

Can anyone offer help with this?

Sincerely,
Ken

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.