Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delete all negative numbers leaving only positive numbers

Select the full range of data, then apply an auto-filter. Filter to show
the negative numbers (using the Custom option in the filter), and then
Delete Row. As ever, safest to save a copy before you try this.
--
David Biddulph

"Barry Walker" wrote in message
Ahh yes,

I did forget to mention that the column of numbers relates to other
columns
with corresponding information in them. So i need the formula to delete
the
whole row relating to the negative number for all the negative numbers
leaving only positive numbers with their corresponding row information.

Sorry about that, can you still help?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If your list is in column A, then in B1 enter:
=IF(A1=0,A1,"")
and copy down. Column B will have the negatives cleared. If you like,
you
can copy column B and pastespecial/value back onto column A

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"Barry Walker" wrote:

I have a column containing positive and negative numbers. I need a
formula
that will delete all the negative numbers from the list leaving only
the
positive ones.

the list is extremely long so it would help me enormously. I hope
someone
can help

Regards

Basil