Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default How do I find a % difference between two numbers (comparing 20

On Oct 27, 1:49*pm, lstreet wrote:
Ok but what happens then if you are trying to use the data to predict future
data...let's say for sales projections based on prior year percents of change
and then using the average of those percents of change? If you suddenly have
300% growth this will throw all other years out of alignment and the average
will be way too high.

Did you have zero sales last year? I fail to see how this issue will
impact normal calculations, as there would be no need for an altered
formula. Even if you are talking about a business that doesn't exist
yet, perhaps creating a business plan, you will start from actual
assumptions, not $0.

And you do know that the thread is more than 2.5 years old.