Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Smith Brian Smith is offline

Default Calculating Regular time, overtime and double time

I need help with my time spreadsheet. I am using Excel 2003. When I key in
time, I enter each employees daily time in a cell and have it set up to total
the cells at the end of the row. I have already worked out how to calculate
the overtime (over 40 hours), but I need for the spreadsheet to be able to
calculate the amount of double time in a seperate cell.

When my company calculates doubletime, the employee has to have had 40 hours
monday through friday, work on saturday (required for double time), then
Sunday's time is double time.

This is what it looks like:

A B C D E F G H I J K
Name Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat Sun Regular OT DT
Smith 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 40 8 8

Right now I have it set up so that J adds all the cells and if the sum is
over 40, it puts 40 in I and the remainder in J, and if someone works Sunday
I can manually enter the time in K and it is subtracted from J, but I need a
formaula that can do that automatically, because if we don't put the time in
manually in cell K, when the time is sent to our payroll service, the
employee does not get paid for their double time.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian