Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trevor Williams Trevor Williams is offline

Default XL2002: XY Chart and Image Position...

ha ha ha, thanks for the response Peter, and no, speed isn't important... (ish)

Yes, shapes exist on the worksheet, and yes the chart order is 'on top'

Regarding visibility, it will probably be the opposite - the chart will be
visible and the shapes won't.

Once the name of the shape which the plot lies within is returned, I will
use a lookup to show a specific screen.

I'll be happy to mail the image to you on a personal e-mail if you think it
will help.

Thanks again

Trevor

"Peter T" wrote:

Are you saying you have shapes on the worksheet, not on the chart, and
chart's Order is "on top".

Presumably ChartArea's & Plot's Fill are invisible so you can see through to
shapes and pictures, though that's not directly relevant.

Is speed important (say no!)

Regards,
Peter T

"Trevor Williams" wrote in
message ...
Hi All,

I have a simple XY graph, plotting 1 point only. This graph is in front

of
an image made up of several shapes.

What I would like to do is return the name of the shape that the plot sits
over.

Sounds simple, but where to start?

Any help appreciated.

Trevor