Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul D. Simon Paul D. Simon is offline

Default nth occurrence of MATCH

Glenn and Mike,

Thank you both so very much for your absolutely PERFECT solutions!!
(And my apologies for any confusion caused by my subject line.)

Glenn, your surprisingly very simple array formula does indeed give me
the correct column number (92) of the last occurrence of that heading
in row 1. Beautiful!!

Mike, your full solution to my vlookup dilemma also worked perfectly,
and your key to me about changing that last 3 to anything else I want
is great because for some of the headings, I would change the 3 to a 2
or to a 4.

So both solutions are absolutely perfect in that sometimes I'd simply
want the last occurrence regardless of what occurrence number it is,
and sometimes I'd specifically want the exact nth occurence.

Thanks again to both of you for taking the time and effort to solve my
problem for me - I appreciate it very much!