Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW DO I SUM TWO CELLS FROM ONE WORKBOOK TO ANOTHER WORKBOOK?

Yes, you have to put single quotes around the sheet name if it includes
spaces.
--
David Biddulph

HRG wrote:
RD's answer was helpful, but I found I had to use inverted single
quotes around the name of the worksheet.

"Bill O'Neal" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2002, trying to create a budget (say, workbook 1)
that sums data from a second workbook (workbook 2). There may be 3
or 4 cells in workbook 2 (each one the sum of a column of figures)
that I would like to add together and enter in a single cell in
workbook 1. Using the Consolidate command in the Data menu, I can
link one cell from workbook 2 to a cell in workbook 1, but I can't
get two or more workbook 2 cells to be added into a single cell in
workbook 1. I'm sure there's an elementary solution to this. Could
someone please help?