John Britto

You can simply use the sum formula or just link each cell starting with =
sign then + the cell reference + cell reference and so on..

John Britto

"Bill O'Neal" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2002, trying to create a budget (say, workbook 1) that sums
data from a second workbook (workbook 2). There may be 3 or 4 cells in
workbook 2 (each one the sum of a column of figures) that I would like to add
together and enter in a single cell in workbook 1. Using the Consolidate
command in the Data menu, I can link one cell from workbook 2 to a cell in
workbook 1, but I can't get two or more workbook 2 cells to be added into a
single cell in workbook 1. I'm sure there's an elementary solution to this.
Could someone please help?