Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how do I change the size of vertical scroll bar

You can use pgup and pgdn to scroll through the worksheet--past the last used
cell.

And you can use the down arrow key at the bottom of the scroll bar to scroll
down, too.

If you scroll down (using pgdn) as far as you ever need, you can type something
into one of those visible cells. Hit enter and then delete the contents.

You've just extended the used range of that sheet. (Excel keeps track of what
it thinks is the last used cell. That's how it determines the size of the box
in the scroll bar.)

When you decide that you want ctrl-end to take you to the "real" last used cell,
you may want to reset that last used cell.

Debra Dalgleish shows techniques to reset that last used cell:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Peg B wrote:

My vertical scroll bar only allows me to scroll to the last row that has data
in it. I want to be able to scroll down to any row I want, whether I have
data there or not.

I was able to do this until today. I copied an excel spreadsheet from a
word doc and pasted it into a new Excel workbook. Now the vertical scroll
bar only allows me to scroll to the last row with data. The mouse wheel will
let me scroll down further, but not the scroll bar.

How do I reset the scroll bar to become "small" so that I can scroll down
further?

--

Dave Peterson