Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rusty

Default Advanced filter using dates

Thanks Debra, that seemed to work. I thought I had tried that as well as
separate lines, but apparently not. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Rusty

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Enter the criteria in separate columns, and in the same row.

There's an example he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#Criteria

Rusty wrote:
I have a column formatted as a date field and need to do advanced filtering
on it. For example, I want to filter out entries between two dates. When I
build the criteria range and use a single criteria, everything works as
expected. When I add the second criteria (1/31/05 and <3/1/05 to see only
Feb. entries) the filter doesn't function. I've tried both entries in the
same column, adding a second "Date" column and putting each entry on a
separate line under both, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would
be welcome. Thanks!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List