Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Infinite sum formula

In H6 enter =IF(AND(F6="",(G6="")),"",F6+G6)

Drag/copy down Column G as far as you wish although Excel has no "infinite"
range. You are limited to the number of rows in your version.

Cells will look blank until Columns F and G are filled.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 1 May 2007 14:04:47 -0700, wrote:

Hi there.

I am looking for a formula that I can use for rows in a worksheet to
calculate a total infinitely.

Basically, I would like two cells in each row to add together to
obtain a total for that row. For example: F6+G6=H6, F7+G7=H7,
F8+G8=H8, etc. However, I would like the formula to continue on
infinitely, no matter how many rows my worksheet will contain.

Does anyone know a formula that would meet this criteria?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jen