Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Calculate every 5th Column.

Hi Michael

I do apologise, but I'm not quite following what you are after here.
Could you try explaining again, perhaps with some sort of example, and
then maybe I, or somebody else, will be able to help you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Michael" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:53:06 +0000, Michael
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:33:58 -0000, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi Michael

Try the array entered formula
{=MAX(IF(MOD(COLUMN(A1:CL1),5)=0,A1:CL1))}

Use Control+Shift+Enter (CSE) to commit or edit the formula rather
than
just Enter.
When you use CSE, Excel will insert the curly braces { } for you -
do
not type them yourself.

Thanks Roger.

The above formula worked.
I have another request which is related the original post.
Every 5th column the in ROW 1 in numbered sequentially from 1 to 19.
In rows 3 to 22
Although I initially requested the maximum for the whole row.
I want the max value up to certain points in the but always counting
from the left to any 5th column let's say from 1 to 9.
I hope this makes sense to anyone that can help.

Michael