Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default how can I make a cell content equal the tab name 'sheet1' ?

I think you may have meant if the workbook has been saved, it works fine if
you add a new sheet to a saved workbook and use the formula in that new
unsaved sheet

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Just a follow-up note on Mike's formula... it will only work if the
worksheet has been saved.

Rick

"Mike H" wrote in message
Try this

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,256)

Mike

"balder" wrote:

Is there a way to make a cell content in a spreadsheet equal to the tab
name
of that spread sheet w/o having to type the tab name into the cell?
Like b1="tab name" where tab name would be copied into cell b1