Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Justin Larson[_2_] Justin Larson[_2_] is offline

Default excel adds quotation marks when pasting text

I have a spreadsheet that I export a portion of to .kml

The very first line is the xml declaration, but when I copy my range from
excel into a text editor, it adds in quotation marks where I don't want any.
I can't do something simple, like find and replace, because there are
quotation marks that I want to retain, but excel adds in a bunch that make
the file unusable.

For example, the first cell in my range contains this, just text, no formula:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?<kml
xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2"
xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"

When I copy that into any other program it comes out like this:

"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""?<kml
xmlns=""http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2""
xmlns:atom=""http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom""
"
Note all the extra quotation marks.

Is there any way to get around this infurating characteristic?