Dave Peterson

Default Why does Excel open a blank book1.xls also?

If that workbook is really named book1.xls, look in your XLStart folder for
Book1.xls.

And check tools|options|General tab
There's a box that allows you to specify a folder:
"At startup, open all files in:"

Either delete the entry from that box or remove book1.xls from that folder.

ps. If you can't find book1.xls this way, maybe you could use
windows start button|search and look for book1.xls
to locate that file (and folder).

Denver wrote:

When I open a workbook by double clicking the workbook in a directory, Excel
opens a blank workbook named Book1.xls. How can I prevent this from
happening?

--

Dave Peterson