Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Shading between lines chart type.

Here's an article that talks about filling between lines. It might point you
in the right direction.

Also, Jon Peltier has several examples of chart filling, that you might want
to look at:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kevin Burton" wrote:

Currently I have consturcted a chart that shows a line for each column. The
chart has a median column, upper 80% column, upper 95% column, lower 80%
column, and a lower 95% column. This works just fine using
Excel.

XlChartType.xlLine

Now I would like a line showing the median, with shading up to the upper 80%
and down to the lower 80% of one color, and shading from median to upper 95%
and down to lower 95% another color. Since the upper 95% is always greater
than upper 80% the shading showing the 95% levels would only show up between
the 80% and 95% levels. The xl3DStacked type almost gets me there but the 3D
takes up too much room and there seems to be multiple colors that I don't
want. xlLineStacked seems to change the display of the data in a way that I
am unfamiliar with. Maybe "stacked" assumes that the columns are deltas. I
don't know. Any suggestions for getting the chart look that I described?
Simply put I want to be able to shade between lines. Alternatively if I had
more control over the stock type of chart where I could specify multiple
levels of the bar variance rather than just a high low etc.

Thank you.