Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Calculating Anniversary years

Try,

=DATEDIF(A1,$E$1,"y")

Where E1 is the evaluation date.

Mike

"PH@tic" wrote:

I need to determine which employees might fall into a particular group of
anniversary dates 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, etc.

I have a column with a hire date dd/mm/yyyy and would like to create a
column where the anniversary year is the result based on a reference to data
in an absolute cell that I could change each month. To start, I need to
group people as to where they would be as of 1-1-09.

I had it calculated at first when I put 2009 in the absolute cell, but I
need to refine it by the month, so my initial thinking is to put 1-1-09 in
the absolute cell, then change it each month to recalculate going forward.

what forumula can I write to calculate an anniversary year by the method
described abvove?