Gord Dibben

Sue

Excel often over-estimates the actual "used range" due to data being entered
then deleted.

Where does CTRL + END take you?

If far below and to the right of what you know is your real used range, go to
the row after the last row of real data then SHIFT + END + DownArrow to select
all rows below your data.

Now..........EditDeleteEntire Row(do not just clear contents, delete)

Do same for columns to the right of your data.

NOW IMPORTANT...Save the workbook. Close and re-open to see changes.

Hit CTRL + END to see that the used range is what you set it for.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:17:02 -0800, "suefallston"
wrote:

In some worksheets, I may have 50 or 100 entires, yet the vertical scroll
will sometimes take me well into the thousands. Is there a way to limit the
vertical scroll to just my data entered? I am using Excel 2003, Basic Office
Edition with XP. Thanks.