Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JonR JonR is offline

Default Percentage remaining

You have the right formula and appear to have set up the sheet correctly. I
tried it with your numbers and can't duplicate your results.

Check your cells for typos. If that doesn't work try typing it into a
different set of cells and see if you get a similar answer (don't cut &
paste, as you'll duplicate the error).
--
HTH

JonR

Please rate your posts

"LindaW" wrote:

I must be doing something incorrectly. I have a goal of $2,000,000. (cell
I7)and so far we have sales against this number of $635.545.71.(cell F7) I
entered the formula =(I7-F7)/I7 and I got -959%

Linda

"JonR" wrote:

say you have 150,000 in cell A1 and 51,000 in cell B1.

use this formula in cell C1

=(A1-B1)/A1

Format cell C1 as a percentage

--
HTH

JonR

Please rate your posts

"LindaW" wrote:

I am having trouble calculating the percentage remaining of our goal.
Our goal is $150,000.00 in sales. So far we have sales totaling $51,744.42.
I need to calculate the percentage remaining in order to reach the
$150,000.00.