Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Convert regular Date to Week Ending or Week Beginning Dates

Maybe...

=if(a1="","",A1-WEEKDAY(A1)+1)

Jim wrote:

I'm using this successfully, but have some cells with no data. Is there
something I can add that will leave the cell blank rather than display
#VALUE! or ###########

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

I am not too sure what constitutes the beginning or ending of a week so I
will stich with generalities.

There is a weekday function which returns a number from 1 to 7 corresponding
to the day of the week. So this formula will give you the first day of the
week (assuming sunday is the first day of the week)
=A1-WEEKDAY(A1)+1
Add 7 to theat for the end of the week...

If your question is something different just reply back...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Sam H" wrote:

I am have column with dates that I would like to stratify by either Week
Ending Dates (Fridays or Saturdays) or Week Beginning Dates (Sundays or
Mondays)

--

Dave Peterson