Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nick nick is offline

Default Office 2007: Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be comb

all charts?
and to add on, opening files containing charts create problems.
- excel files with excel2007 charts - error in opening
- excel files with excel2003 charts - charts will not be shown

i have since moved back to office 2003, seems like office07 doesnt really
like me :/

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

What chart types could you not combine before this draconian fix, that you
could combine after applying it?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi I have this problem as well
and the 'fix' did work, at the expense of me having to reset all my
personal
settings..
however, this 'fix' is only temporary until after a while the same error
pops up again when i try to insert charts in excel 2007

Anyone has any other solutions?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Your "fix" doesn't address the subject line of the thread. How does
hosing a
user account allow a user to combine chart types which Excel does not
allow
to be combined?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

<mark has wrote in message ...
Had this problem as well.
Not sure if its the exact same one.
I was able to insert charts with all other user accounts except my own.
If you can do that, then its likely that its the same issue.
This is what I did to fix it.
<Disclaimer: be prepared to re-enter any application settings you have
had
before!

1. Log in a local Admin - Very IMPORTANT!
2. Navigate to 'Documents and Settings'
3. Locate the problematic user account folder i.e. the one that is
giving
the chart error above...
4. BACK IT UP (to another drive)
5. Confirm back up done... then delete everything in that user
ccount -
all files and folders.
What this does effectively is wiping out all Local Settings for that
user
account (and any cache that Office has created, so beware!)
6. Log out as local Admin and log in as the user that had the chart
problem. Windows will now initiate a new clean setup for the user
(basically it takes parameters from 'default user')
7. At this point launch excel and do a simple list and try creating the
chart.
This worked for me... hope it does for you.