Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Converting hours over 24 into decimal format

If you want them in decimal format then multiply by 24:

=A1*24

and format the cell as number with appropriate decimal places.

If you want to see them in time format, then click Format | Cells |
Custom and enter [hh]:mm:ss in the panel then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 4, 11:42 am, Ary wrote:
How would I convert hours such as 128:24:12 to 128.403?

In previous discussions, I saw someone suggest formatting the cell as
[hh]:mm, but I have no idea what this means nor how to do it.
--
-Ary