Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ao Ao is offline

Default How do I make one column or row always visible?

Nice, that's the ticket. Thanks guys

"Jason" wrote:

John notes a neat trick in his response (I will have to try that one out -
thanks :) )

With the split option, you have to drag the additional frames around and
frame up what you want on the left and the top (i am assuming that is the
location of the names and title row labels. Ctrl+click the columns and rows
(the header letters and row numbers) you want to keep visible (in the
leftmost and topmost frames) and freeze.

GL!
--
//Jason

"Ao" wrote:

Hmm, That definitely has the effect that I want, but for some reason I can't
get it to freeze just the column I want - it's freezing some other columns as
well.

"Jason" wrote:

Window...split...then highlight the rows and cols you always want to
see...and freeze them.

Enjoy!
--
//Jason

"Ao" wrote:

I have a column of names with a bunch of information in subsequent columns,
but I want to be able to see the names column no matter how far over I scroll
in the worksheet, and haven't been able to figure out where to set that.
Thanks,