Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Sort by last two characters, not the first.

I know this post is a couple days late but thought I would post another
method without using formulas.

Copy the entire column so's you have two identicals.

DataText to ColumnsDelimited byOtherHyphenNext.

Select columns 1 and 2 and "Do not import(skip)"

Finish. Sort on that coumn.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:37:02 -0700, gino986
wrote:

I have a simple database; multiple rows and columns. I need to sort all the
data by info in one of the columns. I need to sort by the LAST TWO characters
of records in that column. Example of records:

R-BOILER-DA
R-FANCOILUNIT-QT
U-TRANSPAD-AN

All the data in the rows needs to stay together.