Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default How to apply a formula to all cells in a column

Hi!

Enter the range in the name box: A2:A65000 then hit enter.

That range is now selected.

Type your formula in the formula bar.

Hit CTRL, ENTER.

Biff

"Gillian White" wrote in message
Until now, I have copied a formula to all the relevant cells in a column
by clicking on the bottom right corner and dragging down through the rows.

What I need now is to apply the formula to ALL cells in a column. I don't
want to have to hold and drag down through 65000 rows.

Is there any menu option I can use to write the formula I need in cell A1,
then have it automatically apply to cells A2 through A65000 (or whatever
the end row value is).

Thanks for any help.

Gillian