Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Igor Igor is offline

Default Range of cells: Convert relative reference into absolute

Yes, that would indeed solve the problem. Such an easy answer and it totally
slipped by!

Thank you, J!

--

igor

"JLatham" wrote:

Then why not Find "!" and replace with "!$"
That takes care of the general problem.
Then follow up and change
"!$Z" with "!$Z$"

Maybe that will work?

"Igor" wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Jay,

Find and Replace will not work here because only one of the cells has column
B as reference, all the others reference different columns. There are no 2
cells that reference the same column.

Thanks anyway.

--

igor

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Sep 29, 2:21 pm, Igor wrote:
Hello, everyone,

Is there a way to change simultaneously a whole range of cells that contain
the same relative reference into absolute references.

For example:

Convert the following relative references in the range of cells D56:AB56

=Sheet1!B1 (...) =Sheet1!Z1

Into:

= Sheet1!$B1 (...) Sheet1!$Z$1

But: All at the same time, not one by one.

I have to transpose a large amount of tables that have relative references
and I need to change these into absolute references. It would take me forever
to do this one by one.

Thanks for the help!

--

igor

Find and replace
Ctrl + F Find Sheet1!B1 and replace with Sheet1!$B1
Jay