Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default extend the range of cells for a drop down list

Select "staff" in insertnamedefined names.

In the "refers to" dialog simply edit the range and OK

I like Don's suggestion of a dynamic range best however.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 May 2010 10:48:10 -0700, Marge
wrote:

I'm working with Excel 2003. I tried selecting the expanded list and naming
it "staff"...it reverts back to the unexpanded list.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Marge
If you're using Excel 2007, simply delete the name "staff" and then name
the new list "staff". In earlier versions you can simply name the new list
"staff" without having to first delete that name. HTH Otto

"Marge" wrote in message
I have a range of cells (named staff) on a worksheet in the workbook where
the drop down list will be used. Additional cells were added to the range
of
cells, but I can't get Excel to include them on the named list. Can I not
expand the range of cells or do I need to name the expanded list with a
new
range name?

.