Art Farrell

Assuming your names are in Column A you could put this formula in Column B
and drag down:

=IF(LEFT(A1,2)="A ",REPLACE(A1,1,2,),IF(LEFT(A1,3)="An
",REPLACE(A1,1,3,),IF(LEFT(A1,4)="The ",REPLACE(A1,1,4,),A1)))

Then select both columns and sort on Column B.

CHORDially,
Art Farrell

"DLFox" wrote in message
I have a small file from a non-profit organization I'm working with. They
have set the "corporate Name" column in the Excel table to ignore initial
articles (A, An, The) I would like to duplicate the format but can't

locate
instructions for ignoring the sort of initial articles. How do I do that?

Thanks.

DLFox