Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default extend the range of cells for a drop down list

Hi,

Simply convert the range to a Table (Ctrl+L). When you convert a range to a
Table, it auto expands

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Marge" wrote in message
I have a range of cells (named staff) on a worksheet in the workbook where
the drop down list will be used. Additional cells were added to the range
of
cells, but I can't get Excel to include them on the named list. Can I not
expand the range of cells or do I need to name the expanded list with a
new
range name?

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.