Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default how i calculate pearson correlation coefficient for excel graph

A quick glimpse at Google led me to believe they were one and the same. Just
now Wikipedia tells me:

"The CORREL() function in many major spreadsheet packages, such as Microsoft
Excel and Gnumeric calculates Pearsons correlation coefficient."

Wolfram adds that:

"The correlation coefficient is also known as the product-moment coefficient
of correlation or Pearson's correlation."

I wouldn't count on the Excel help files to be much help, especially about
statistics.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Del Cotter" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jon Peltier said:

In a cell in the worksheet, enter this formula

=CORREL({y range},{x range})

Shouldn't that be =PEARSON({y range},{x range})? I only have Excel 97,
but I'm surprised to see that PEARSON() and CORREL() do not have a pointer
to each other in the "See also" section of the help file.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to