Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default "user has restricted values" in lookup

Hi,
You create your list somewhere in your sheet, then go to Data validation,
when open the data validation window in Allow choose List then the source
window will open, highlight your list and click Ok

"smartgal" wrote:

'Tis done, but now I don't have a validated list from which to choose . . .
so how to I make a "pick list" or a validated list from which to choose now
that my lookup is working?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It sounds like the cell you're changing has data|validation applied.

You could hit
F5 (edit|goto or ctrl-g)
Special|data validation
to select all the cells with data|validation.

Then you could tab through them looking for the ones you want.

smartgal wrote:

I am trying to do a lookup and I'm getting the error, "user has restricted
values that can be entered into this cell." How do I know which cell is
restricted and what I need to do to unrestrict it? I have unprotected all my
cells, etc. Also, a vlookup done here previously worked just fine so . . .
at a bit of a loss.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson