Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I get a value instead of an error or txt in an Excel ce

Post some samples of the data you're working with and show before and after
examples.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:25:01 -0700, Frazzled Rob <Frazzled
wrote:

Hello,

I am sort of new to Excel 2007.

I am having trouble trying to get the "total" of multiplying currency with
quantity. I don't really understand the help box or the answers on the
message boards.

What I need is someone to show me an example, that way I can get this
taken care of.

In disparate need of help.
Rob

"NBVC" wrote:

Have you confirmed the formula with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER so
that { } brackets auto appear around the formula?

Also, you can use this instead:

=SUMIF(A3:A456," S Texas",C3:C456)

and only use ENTER to confirm as normal.

--
NBVC

Where there is a will there are many ways.

'The Code Cage' (
http://www.thecodecage.com)
NBVC's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=74
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=126531