tarquinious tarquinious is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladaigle View Post
I have run in to an odd problem that is difficult to duplicate. When working
in excel, as you click between different cells, it randomly selects multiple
cells. For example, if I click on an individual cell it highlights that cell
plus two to the right (or two to the top/bottom). Tried several solutions
posted on the web but nothing seems to resolve the root of the problem.
I researched this some years back but can't quite remember the exact reason (it has something to do with the mini processor in the keyboard or something). Basically the keyboard gets itself all confused and thinks that the shift button is being held down. It is more prevalent when you're in Excel for some reason, but can happen in any application.

To fix it, tap each of your Shift, Ctrl and Alt buttons one at a time and it should come right.