Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Amy Bass Amy Bass is offline

Default How can you create Box Plots (Box-and-Whisker Plots) in Excel?

I would like to create side-by-side Box-and-Whisker Plots for exploratory
data analysis, comparing populations from a variety of sources (monitoring
wells, in this case). I want each "box" to include the following: a line at
the mean and a symbol at the median, a box extending to the first and third
quartiles, and whiskers extending to the min and max. I can tweak the details
myself, but I'm not sure how to get started with it, using the chart tools in
Excel.
Thanks for your help! - Amy