Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Formula doesn't work unless hit enter again

It remembers the setting of the first workbook opened in that session so if
that was manual calc then they all will be until you change it back

"Whois Clinton" wrote:

That was exactly it. Any idea why that happened. I know I didn't
intentionally change that.

"Mike H" wrote:

Sounds like calculation has switched to manual.

Tools|Options|Calculation Tab.

Select automatic.

Mike

"Whois Clinton" wrote:

Hi,
I have the formula below to calculate percentage of gains. It has been
dragged through approximately 70 rows. It has been working fine automaticall
calculating as I enter the data in columns K,L,M. However, today as I
continue entering data the formula does not automatically calculate. i have
to click the cell, place the cursor in the formula bar and then press enter.
i change nothing in the formula, but simply bringing it into formula bar and
pressing enter the formula then works.

Is it a fluke? I have tried reopening it but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance,
Clint

=((M27-K27)*100)/K27