Randy

Thanks Peo,

I have to admit i have never written any code in xcell outside formulas.
Any suggestion on where I could find info to what you suggested?

Randy

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You have to install the UDF first, copy the code and paste into a module in
the workbook or make an add-in by pasting into module in a new wrokbook and
save as ColorIndex.xla, then restart excel and check it under toolsadd-ins

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Randy" wrote:

Thanks,

i looked at that but had trouble when I put the counting formula into my
cell. It returns a #NAME? error.

My cells are in row a7:z7

so i modifed the forumal to read

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(C7:Z7)=3))

I am not sure that the -- mean before the second (. I do not remeber seeing
these before.

Any suggestions?

"Paul B" wrote:

Randy, have a look here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Randy" wrote in message
I have built a scheduling templet and would like to be able to count the
number of cells that shaded. Where shaded cells represent hours worked.
Any
ideas?