Matt Stanley

Default Calculate total interest earned on a loan and monthly payment

I plan to finance part of a service contract for a client... We're getting
paid for half of the contract up front and financing the rest... Here's what
I need help with:

Using Excel, I need to calculate the total interest earned over the life of
the loan based on the amount of principal, the number of months, and the
APR - each of which is in a separate cell. I also need to compute the
monthly payment for our client.

FYI - on our client's monthly payment, I used the PMT Financial Function but
it gave me a negative number so either it's not working right or I'm doing
something wrong.

What are the necessary formulas to accomplish these two objectives??? Please
help... TIA!

---

Sincerely,

Matt Stanley